Hello, and welcome to the next edition of my Travel Destination Guide. Amazing Drinks, Best Brunches, and Conventions that can’t be missed in Indiana. Planning your next vacation or day trip get-away starts right here. Let’s travel.
A stands for Amazing Drinks and Indiana had a couple surprises up its sleeve.
- Pour into a shaker with ice, 1 1/2 ounces Bourbon (I used Oola’s Waitsburg Whiskey Bourbon, the distillery is close to home and I love supporting local business), then add 1/2 ounce lemon juice, 1/2 ounce maple syrup (I used the last of my maple syrup to make the drink and threw the bottle away before taking the picture), and lastly add 1 ounce apple cider.
- Cover shaker and shake until it becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain into ice filled glass. It is amazing and climbing to my top 5 all time favorite drinks.
- West Fork Whiskey Co. (they had me at Whiskey) is located at 1660 Bellefontaine Street, Indianapolis, Indiana. This urban distillery (yes, support local small business) offers tours, tastings flights and a number of seasonal cocktails. Seasonal or not, I would still recommend ordering the Hoosier Heritage Cocktail.
- Pour 2 ounces Vodka and 1 ounce Kahlúa into a cocktail glass with ice.
- Top off with 1 ounce heavy cream and stir. As you can see from the photo I waited to stir the drink, I like seeing the cream float a bit before stirring. Do you stir right away, or do you wait?
- What better place to enjoy your cocktails than at a bar called Cocktails Lounge. Cocktails Lounge is located at 6135 Plantation Lane in Fort Wayne, Indiana. If you are not in the mood for a White Russian I recommend one of their amazing House Special Martinis. So many choices!
B stands for Best Brunches. I love brunch, it’s breakfast without an alarm clock!
Wild Eggs Restaurant is located at 1438 West Main Street in Carmel, Indiana. The food was so fresh and delicious. They offer a nice variety of Breakfast and Brunch items.
- Wild Mushroom and Roasted Garlic Scramble – wild mushrooms and roasted garlic folded into four scrambled eggs with fresh goat cheese and white truffle oil, skillet potatoes and an Everything muffin.
- Classic French Toast – thick sliced sourdough bread dipped in brandied egg batter with whipped butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Surfer Girl Omelet – fresh spinach, wild mushrooms, tomato, cream cheese and onion, topped with diced avocado, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Sophia’s House of Pancakes is located at 5250 Franklin Street in Michigan City, Indiana. They have so much more to offer than pancakes, but I high recommend the pancakes!
- Red Velvet French Toast – served with fresh strawberries. They had me at Red Velvet!
- Gypsy Skillet – Hash browns topped with onions, green peppers, mushrooms, ham, cheddar cheese and 2 eggs any style.
- Cinnamon Apple Blintzes – house made creamy cheese filling and your choice of toppings. I went with the a delicious fresh cinnamon apple topping and it was a great choice.
C stands for Conventions that can’t be missed and it is a great way to walk off all of that Brunch you just ate.
- Hall of Heroes Comic Con is scheduled to take place March 6th ans 7th, 2021 and will celebrate the role of comics in art and culture.
- Single Day tickets are not available. Early Bird pricing for an Adult Weekend ticket is $40. Adult Weekend VIP ticket is $55. Prices will increase as we the event date gets closer.
- Visit their website at http://www.hohcomiccon.org for more information and event updates.
- Horror Hound Weekend in Indianapolis is scheduled to take place September 10 – 12, 2021. There is also Horror Hound Weekend Events that take place in Ohio.
- Early Bird pricing for Adult Single Day Friday pass is $30. Early Bird pricing for Adult Weekend pass is $60. Prices will increase as the event date gets closer.
- Visit their website at http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com for more information and event updates.
My travel destination guide has shared many Indiana treasures. Did your favorite make my list of Amazing Drinks, Best Brunches, and Conventions? Share any treasures that I may have missed while visiting Indiana.
Thank you for reading the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Indiana. I hope sharing a few of my favorite things in this destination guide has inspired you to start planning your next Indiana vacation or get away. Below are some items I used to plan my Indiana trip, hope they help you as well.
Until next time,
**This site contains affiliate links to products I recommend. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.