Hello, and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide for all things Georgia. Join me as I share my top places to go with Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations and Conventions that can’t be missed during your next vacation or day trip to Georgia. Come travel with me!
A is for Amazing Drinks. The cocktails I have chosen to share both feature Southern Comfort, a favorite below the Mason-Dixon Line.
The Scarlet O’Hara, is named after the southern Belle from Gone With the Wind, and is as tasteful and ladylike as its namesake.
- In a chilled glass filled with ice, pour 2 ounces Southern Comfort and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Add 6 ounces Cranberry juice. Stir to mix ingredients.
- The Soul Bar located at 984 Broad Street Augusta, GA was created to pay respect to The Godfather of Soul, James Brown. Great drinks, great food and great music. The Soul Bar also pays respect to Scarlet O’Hara and Rhett Butler
The Rhett Butler, is named after the charming rogue from Gone With the Wind, and is as bold and sour as its namesake.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour 2 ounces Southern Comfort, 1/2 ounce of Cointreau (or Orange Curaçao or Triple Sec), 1/2 ounce lime juice and 1/2 ounce lemon juice.
- Shake well until shaker becomes frosty. Strain into chilled glass full of ice.
- The Normal Bar, located at 1365 Prince Avenue Athens, GA is a cozy, laid back neighborhood go to bar. I am sure if you ask, Scarlet O’Hara and /or Rhett Butler would be glad to join you as your drink.
B is for Best Brunch locations in Georgia. If you want great brunch and delicious drinks look no further than my Top Choices.
- Huey’s on the River located at 115 E River Street Savannah, GA has a Brunch menu to delight anyone’s taste buds. So many choices!
- World Famous Beignets – sweet doughnut like pastries served hot with powered sugar shown upper left corner; Chicken Pain Perdue – two strips french toast, two chicken tenders and sriracha syrup shown upper right corner; Eggs Sardou – creamed spinach with artichoke hearts on toasted english muffin with hollandaise sauce shown lower left corner; Name Your Own Omelette – choice of cheese, tomato, onion, green pepper, spinach, mushroom, and wheat toast shown lower right corner.
- Huey’s on the River offers specialty cocktails and wine, maybe you will see Scarlet or Rhett.
Did someone say all you can eat Brunch and wine?
- Wolf Mountain Vineyard located at 108 Wolf Mountain Trail Dahlonega, GA.
- Meat carving stations, make your own Omelettes and so many types of potatoes it can be hard to choose.
- Wolf Mountain Vineyard offers wine pairings for every plate you can create. Cheers!
C is for Conventions that can’t be missed! Georgia has several events that are held throughout the year. Multiple themes and multiple events!
- Days of the Dead Horror and Pop Culture Convention will be held in Atlanta February 26 – 28, 2021 and showcases special events tailored by the fans and for the fans.
- Get your tickets online and save money. Prices go up at the door. Adult Weekend tickets are $75 at the door and Adult Single Day Saturday tickets are $35.
- Visit their website at daysofthedead.com for more information and convention updates, if you dare!
- Dragon Con is a multi-genre convention that usually takes place over Labor Day weekend. The convention hosts hundreds of guests, hours of programming and encompasses five hotels in the downtown Atlanta area.
- Dragon Con will be Virtual this year. Yeah 2020! NOT! Ticket prices have been adjusted to reflect the convention becoming virtual. If the 2021 convention gets back to normal Adult Weekend tickets average $140 per person. Online prices and at door prices vary.
- Visit their website at http://www.dragoncon.org for more information and convention updates. See you there!
The A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Georgia
My destination travel guide has only scratched the surface of what Georgia has to offer. It’s Amazing Drinks, yes those photos are of the drinks I made at home, and then drank at home. I had to do it for research purposes, really it was for research! Best Brunch locations was a bit hard to narrow down, Georgia has so many delicious choices. Did your favorite spot make my top 2 list? Conventions that can’t be missed. Are you a Horror Convention fan, or Sci-fi Fantasy fan?
Thank you for reading the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Georgia. I hope my sharing my favorites has inspired you to plan your next vacation or day trip to Georgia. Below are some items to to help find some A, B, and C’s.
Until next time,
Love the format of this Erin. Those beignets look really delicious. I assume cause you only got the drinks for research purposes that the rest of the bottle didn’t get drank. 😉
I only used what I needed for the drinks but did imbibe one of the end results for Saturday and the other one for Sunday! It was a great weekend 😂😂