Hello and welcome to my next destination guide for places to go for Amazing Drinks, the Best Brunch locations and Conventions or Events that can not be be missed during your vacation or day trip to Connecticut. Come travel with me.
A is for Amazing Drinks that can be found in Connecticut, and this first one might surprise you. When I think of Connecticut, I have to admit, I do not think of wine. In 2014 the state of Connecticut drank more white wine than the state of California, and that is a lot of wine. I had to read it to believe it.
Sunset Meadows Vineyards, located at 599 Old Middle Street in Gothenburg, Connecticut, offers a flavorful assortment of wines. Following Connecticut’s lead, order white wine.
1. Arrive early if you want to get a picnic table. 2. Order the Vineyards Vidal Blanc – a medium bodied white wine that leaves a summertime taste of citrus and fruit on your tongue. 3. Enjoy the view and enjoy your wine! Cheers
The Little River Restoratives, located at 405 Capitol Avenue in Hartford, Connecticut, offers quite a selection of speciality cocktails.
1. I looked over their menu and had to order the Harvard. I highly recommend you do the same and order the Harvard, you can thank me later. 2. What is it?The Harvard has 2 ounces of Cognac, 1 ounce sweet vermouth, a couple dashes of angostura bitters, and is served in a chilled glass. Yes, please. 3. Enjoy every sip. I am feeling a bit more Ivy League just talking about it!
B is for the Best Brunch locations in Connecticut. While all you can eat brunch and bottomless Mimosas rate high on my list of go to places, I am a true foodie and I go where the great food is. And, yes, I always pack a pair of my stretchy pants when I travel.
The Hub & Spoke, located at 3001 Fairfield Avenue in Bridgeport, Connecticut, offers an all you can eat Sunday Brunch with unlimited Mimosas or Bloody Marys.
1. Grab a plate. 2. Fill up your plate. They offer a huge selection of Brunch choices, including made to order fresh food options. 3. Enjoy eating every bite on your plate.
Fresh Salt, located at 2 Bridge Street in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, and offers Brunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I love when the weekend truly starts on Friday!
1. Grab a plate. 2. Fill your plate with locally crafted, seasonal food menus. 3. Enjoy the freshest ingredients from land and sea along with breathtaking views of Southern Connecticut’s waterfront.
C is for Convention or Events that can’t be missed. Connecticut has several options to attend held throughout the year – except 2020. We all know most gatherings were cancelled in 2020. We are wanting a reset for 2020. Lucky for us several conventions that cancelled their events for 2020 are already planning for amazing 2021 events!
ConnectiCon is Connecticut’s longest running pop-culture, fan run convention. Their website states ConnectiCon is a multi-genre selection of Cosplay, Gaming, Celebrity Guests, Panels, Workshops and all things Pop-Culture.
1. ConnectiCon’s next event is scheduled to take place July 15 – July 18, 2021. 2. Ticket prices for Weekend Passes are $90 and single day Saturday Passes are $60. 3. Visit their website at http://www.connecticon.org for more information and convention updates.
TerrifiCon is Connecticut’s number 1 Comic Book Convention showcasing Artists, Writers, Actors, Comic Books, TV, Movies, Toys and more.
1. TerrifiCon’s next event is scheduled to take place July 30 – August 1, 2021. 2. Ticket prices are for Single Day Passes only – Friday $28, Saturday $33 and Sunday $30. 3. Visit their website at http://www.terrificon.com for more information and updates.
So many places to go and so many things to see, wine not plan a trip to Connecticut. There is definitely something for everyone. The amazing history and architecture, the waterfront views, and the fresh seasonal local foods offer so many reasons to put Connecticut on your must see list. Have you been to Connecticut? Have you been to Hub & Spoke? Have you attended TerrifiCon? Share your Connecticut adventures in the comments.
Thank you for reading the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Connecticut. I hope sharing a bit of what Connecticut has to offer has inspired you to start planning your adventure. Below are sources to help you get to Connecticut or to help a bit of Connecticut come to you.
Until next time – Cheers!
**This site contains affiliate links to products I recommend. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!