Colorado show me your Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations and Conventions/Events that can’t be missed.
A is for amazing drinks. Colorado has a couple they are known for.
Spoon University states the difference between a Colorado Bulldog and a White Russian is that the Bulldog is bubbly, just like the peeps from Colorado. They said peeps, really. The name of the drink is claimed to have originated with the original Colorado State University’s mascot, an English Bulldog.
- Fill glass with crushed ice.
- Pour 1.5 ounces vodka, 1.5ounces coffee liqueur into glass.
- Fill glass almost to the top with cola. Top off glass with 1 ounce cream and stir to blend.
It is rumored that Denver is one of the top cities in the United States for craft breweries per capita. That is a lot of beer. Former Colorado Governor Hickenlooper open Colorado’s first brewpub, Wynkoop Brewing Company, in 1988 and the state hasn’t stopped brewing since.
- Order yourself a Wynkoop Brewing Company’s Rail Yard Ale.
- Sip and savor the beer that started it all at Wynkoop Brewing Company and is still going strong.
- Enjoy this hearty but refreshing amber beer’s smooth, malty, light and sweet flavor all rolled into one.
B is for Best Brunch places and Colorado does not disappoint. It was hard to narrow the options down and choose my top two. Let me know if your favorite did not make the list.
- The Rainbow Restaurant is located at 212 W. Laurel Street in Fort Collins, Colorado and specializes in delicious breakfast and lunch.
- The Philly Scramble – Two scrambled eggs, Jack cheese, Cream cheese, Onions, Mushrooms & Tomatoes. Served with grilled potatoes and toast, or you can substitute fruit instead of potatoes.
- Pair your meal with one of their amazing Cocktails. There are several to choose from but, I highly recommend their Bloody Mary. It’s made with their very own house made mix!
- The Breakfast Queen is located at 3460 S Broadway in Englewood, Colorado and specializes in classic American and Mexican breakfast and lunch food.
- The Breakfast Queen Supreme – Two eggs with your choice of ham, bacon or sausage, Hash browns with your choice of french toast, two pancakes or biscuits and gravy.
- Save room for dessert, the Pie a la Mode is amazing!
C is for Conventions / Events that you don’t want to miss. These Conventions are a great way to meet a variety of special guests, attend panels, workshops, meet ups and after parties.
- Denver Pop Culture Con 2020 has been cancelled, with plans already in the making for their new May 2021 dates.
- Prices for the 2021 event are not currently showing on their website. Price ranges for past events were $85 for a 3 Day Adult pass and $50 for a single Saturday pass.
- Check out their website at http://www.denverpopculturecon.com for more information and updates.
- LeakyCon Denver has been postponed and is now scheduled to take place October 29 – October 31, 2021.
- Tickets for LeakyCon 2021 are currently on sale. Prices are $175 for a General Weekend Pass and $65 for a Saturday Single Pass.
- Visit their website at http://www.leakycon.com to see more information and updates.
Who knew Colorado had so much to offer: bubbly drinks, craft beer, brunches worthy of wearing stretchy pants and conventions to get your geek on. I have family that visit Boulder, Colorado often. I think they are looking for a place to retire and Boulder is at the top of their list. Thank you for reading my A, B, C’s of Colorado blog post. If Ive missed any great Colorado drinks, brunches or conventions let me know. I will pass it on. If you are feeling inspired below are travel ideas, recipe books and Sci – Fi themed items.
*This site contains affiliate links to products I recommend. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!