Hello and welcome to Amazing Travel Adventures – Arkansas. Read on as I share my travel destination guide for all things Arkansas. Let’s explore and discover Mount Magazine. Little Rock Central High School. And so much more. Let’s travel Arkansas style.
Mountains and Glory Holes and Old Mills – Arkansas
1. Mount Magazine State Park is located in Logan County, Arkansas. The Park offers hiking, rock climbing, hang gliding and so much more. To plan your trip visit their website at www.arkansasstateparks.com or click here.
2. Glory Hole Waterfall Trail is a moderate hiking trail. It is less than 2 miles out and back from their parking lot. The waterfall is a must see in spring and early summer. The more water the better! For more information visit www.fs.usda.gov or click here.
3. The Old Mill is located in T.R. Pugh Memorial Park in North Little Rock. This Arkansas favorite. The Mill is part history and part beauty. It is one of the most photographed locations in the A K. Check out their photo gallery, hours, history and more at www.nlrpr.org or click here.
High Schools and Universities and Museums – Arkansas
1. Little Rock Central High School is the location for one of the biggest changes in equality of education worldwide. The United States Supreme Court ruled in 1957 that segregation of public schools was unconstitutional. Central High School is where desegregation began. To learn more about the school history, tour information and more click www.lrcentralhigh.net.
2. University of Arkansas is a public University located in Fayetteville. Classes were first held in January of 1872 and they are still going strong. Plan your tour, attend a Razorback game and more by visiting www.uark.edu or click here.
3. Crystal Bridges Museum of Art is located in Bentonville. The museum campus offers over 100 acres of American beauty inside and out. Currently the museum is offering free tickets at www.crystalbridges.org or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Arkansas
Thank you for joining me as we explored Amazing Travel Adventures – Arkansas. We discovered so many new treasures Arkansas style. My new favorite treasure to add to my list is The Old Mill located in North Little Rock. There is so much history and so much beauty to be experienced. Highly recommend!
Looking to discover more Southern Adventures? Check out my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Mississippi or click here. Discover Mississippi’s Little Grand Canyon, the Delta Blue’s Museum and so much more. Amazing adventures, amazing food and amazing people. Cheers to Mississippi!
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch